Customize a Canvas Bag



Difficulty Level: Easy

Supplies:
Bag (mine was $24)
Stencils (around $3)
Fabric Markers (I bought expensive ones to use again- $8, but you could cheap out)
Total: $35, but could do for much less

As part of our Disney World vacation planning, we needed a park bag that would hold our water bottles, not be made of vinyl (humidity causes stickyness...yech), and be something both my husband and I would like to carry.

I settled on a canvas bag, as they are cheap, and the one I found was just the perfect size.

But a plain canvas bag is so.... plain. Thats no fun! So after much reserch, I bought some fabric markers. Sharpies might work, but will eventually fade, and may not "pop", which could be a shame on a canvas.... [pun intended]. Using fabric markers mean it is much more likely to hold up to rain and sun.

First we chose a phrase. I lined up the stencils and "painted" directly onto the bag:

Then, my hubby (the artist), sketched directly onto the canvas bag, using black as an outline















 I colored in the house and purposefully did NOT outline the balloons (due to marker bleed)















Scotchguard, and done!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lanyard Tutorial

Wagon Revamp

Review: Doterras Bath Bomb Make n' Take recipe